Monday, April 6, 2009

My Democrat Friends were Right


I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong. My liberal buddies had it right. I'll man up and admit it.
(I can't take credit for this, it was emailed to me. But it's sooo true)

Sad but true, I was a fool:

Dang ... I hate to admit it, but my liberal friends were right!

They had warned me that if I voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence index since the election, reaching a lower point than at any time during the Bush administration.

They warned me that if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough, thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan.

They warned me that if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get even worse and sure enough, unemployment is approaching 10% and the new stimulus packages implemented recently have sent the stock market lower than at any time since 9-11.

They warned me that if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

They warned me that if I voted for McCain, we would see more "Pork at the trough" in Federal government spending and sure enough, over 9,000 "earmark Pork Bills" showed up in the bailout in the past few weeks ... several hundred billions for the politicians and lobbyists's pet projects ... and to buy more power and votes.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more deficit spending in DC and sure enough, Pelosi, Reid, Barney, ad infinitum and some worthless Republicans have spent more in 30 days "than all other Presidents together" in the history of theUSA....

I ignored my Democrat friends in November and voted for McCain/Palin.

Damned if they weren't right ... and I still hate to admit it, but all of their predictions have come true.


"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

5 comments:

Zen said...

I hate it when "progressives" are right. Of course that only happens about once every millenia.

Editor said...

Indeed

Nanda said...

I voted for McCain too. I should have listened. Why didn't we see this coming?

Right Winger said...

I never thought I'd say this but I miss Bill Clinton. His two terms didn't amount to the same damage Barry has done already.

Now we're cutting defense spending. Way to help the economy. Lay a bunch of people off at Lockhead Martin.

I'm waiting for a "show of good faith" by America in eliminating our nuclear arsenal to show the rest of the world how peaceful we can be. I'm sure he's thought about it.

Anonymous said...

Have any of you read about Obama using up to 80,000 of our troops as they rotate back to the states from Iraq and Afghanistan for "domestic emergencies". It seems that our government firmly believes there will be massive unrest, rioting, and social chaos in the very near future. Scared yet?